Monday, January 4, 2016

August 2013: The Failed Proposal because of a bratty Bride-to-Be


Did you know that Kelvin's Christmas proposal was not his first proposal? So here's the story...

My then boyfriend, Kelvin and I decided to go on an out of town trip for the first time. We started dating in 2006 pero hindi pa talaga kami nakaka pag out of town na malayo. Hindi kasi mahilig magbyahe si Kelvin kaya whenever we go out of town, lagi lang kami nagpupunta sa Batangas or Cavite. The fathest we've gone was Pamapanga for a family reunion, but apart from that, we haven't really gone anywhere far. 

But in January 2013, I finally convinced Kelvin to go on a trip with two other couples. The moment he said yes, I grabbed the opportunity and booked us a round trip ticket to Legazpi, Albay!

You see, this is a really big deal for me kasi I've never been on a plane before and we've never been on a trip this far before.

Before boarding the plane

Ready for takeoff!
Little did I know that Kelvin was planning to propose to me na pala on our Legazpi trip. He wanted to buy a ring in Legazpi but our friends convinced him not to buy a ring there. Unfortunately, we were already in Albay so he failed to get a ring.

We've arrived!

On the second day of our trip, our group went to Cagsaua ruins, took an ATV adventure trip, visited Lignon Hill, and ate at Mr. Crab.

Phenomenal adventure!


ATV!

At Lignon Hill

It was a wonderful day! However, right in the middle of our meal, tumawag ang boss ni Kelvin, and after the phone call, Kelvin began stressing and ranting about work. When we got back to the hotel, he started working on his computer, which he already did the night before when we arrived. 

At Mr. Crabs

I felt so frustrated. It took us six months to prepare for this trip and I was soo excited for our adventures but there he was stressing about work and he brought along his laptop with him!

We eventually fought about it, and our fight got so bad I decided to leave the hotel and tried to go back to Manila. Our friends eventually convinced me to go back to the hotel. I then hung around with my girls at the pool while Kelvin was with the boys. 


With my girls

Our friends Jo, Em, Joma, and Joyce

After a few minutes, Kelvin arrived and our friends left us alone. 

After a long talk about work and priorities, we finally made up. I was able to make him realize that I really admire his dedication to work but he also needed to find the right balance between work and personal life. Pag quality time, dapat kami lang talaga and no work.

After a few minutes, Kelvin took my hand, and then humarap kami sa pool na may view ng Mayon Volcano. 


He then held my hands and started to say his speech. I knew right at that moment that he was about to go on one knee and was about to propose. I knew he didn't have a ring because the only thing he was wearing was his swimming shorts.

And because (almost!) every woman's dream was to be proposed to on one knee with a sparkling diamond ring, I decided na basagin ang trip nya.

As he was about to kneel, I held up one hand and said, "Honey, if you are about to propose and you do not have a ring with you, please do not propose yet."

Haha!

Nagtampo sya ng konti pero he just hugged me and kissed me on the forehead. Hindi sya makapag reklamo, we just made up e!

Here we are the day after!

He eventually was able to successfully propose to me four months after our trip. He surprised me at home with a sparkling, beautiful, diamond ring. And I said yes. Check out his surprise proposal here!


 We've been married for more than six months now. :)

What about you? Do you know of any failed proposal stories?

___________________________________

Hit me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment